You've asked about our Sportsmobile. Well, this is what it looks
It is based on A Mercedes Benz Sprinter (imported by Dodge and
Freightliner), so there is full head room for most of us. The diesel
engine has no odor and gets 20 - 22 miles per gallon on the road.
The Sprinter is small, nimble and easy to park. It is very
comfortable to drive. It's diesel engine is powerful, low
maintenance and doesn't drink much fuel. The decision to use a
Sprinter was pretty easy.
After a lot of looking and thinking, we realized there are five things we couldn't get in an off-the-shelf class B
- space to crate 2 large dogs
- diesel generator
- all-electric camper (no propane)
- large freezer/refrigerator
- porta potti
Sportsmobile was able to handle these items for us.
Usage since our purchase in January 2008:
- In 2008 we spent 111 nights in our camper,
- In November 2009 we've spent 135 nights in the camper and we still have six weeks to go.
- We've camped in 36 of the lower 48 states.